Ready, set, plan and shop on Black Friday! In the United States, Black Friday is considered the busiest and maybe craziest shopping day of the year. It also unofficially kicks off the holiday season for many. For 2017, the date this year is Friday, November 24th, exactly 30 shopping days before Christmas. Money by CNN reports that $3.3 billion was spent on this day in store in 2016 and that another $1.9 billion was spent online.
In recent years, many Canadian retailers and malls have jumped on this high volume shopping day, We have a roundup of the Mississauga malls and key retailers that are participating and even adjusting their operation hours.
Square One – 100 city Centre Dr
They will be open from 8am-10pm. Some stores may open earlier. Be sure to enter to win a $2500 Square One Shopping Spree. Visit the guest services desk for details.
Erin Mills Town Centre – 5100 Erin Mills Pkwy
For those that may not be early birds, Erin Mills Town centre be open late until midnight. Some stores are expected open earlier. Check the mall’s official website for exact details.
Dixie Outlet Mall – 1250 S Service Rd
Save even more than the already discounted prices on items at the Dixie Outlet Mall. They will be open from 9am-10pm.
Walmart – various locations
- Dixie Supercentre – 1500 Dundas St E
- Square One – 100 City Centre Dr
- Erin Mills Supercentre – 2160 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
- Heartland Towncentre – 800 Matheson Blvd W
- Malton Supercentre – 7333 Goreway Dr
- Meadowvale Supercentre – 3155 Argentia Rd
A one stop shop for electronics, clothing, home items, food and so much more, Walmart usually always has Black Friday specific deals. Arrive early for the best selection. They are open from 7am-11pm.
Toronto Premium Outlets – 13850 Steeles Avenue W
While located just outside of Mississauga, the Toronto Premium Outlets is a destination for some amazing deals. They have the most extended hours out of all of the area malls and will be open from 6am-11pm.
Tips and Tricks to Optimize Black Friday Shopping
- Pack your patience – be prepared to wait in lines
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Visit the stores ahead of time to see what the current stock is. If you are unsure of sizes, be sure to try things on beforehand as fitting rooms can be a zoo on Black Friday.
- Bring snacks – running around can build up an appetite, but often the lineups to eateries can be quite long.
- Strategize what stores you will visit before getting to a mall
Don’t Forget About Cyber Monday – November 27th
A fairly new-age tradition is the creation of Cyber Monday. It was originally created in 2005 and coined by Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman according to Wikipedia.com. Various studies and reports indicate that the Monday after the American Thanksgiving is one of the biggest online shopping days of the year. Expect some great savings and most often, free shipping. Set those alarm clocks early and start shopping early to avoid disappointment.
Be sure to show us all of your favourite finds while out shopping in Mississauga!