We’ve been talking a lot lately about summer, and rightfully so because it’s coming quickly. We talk about upcoming events and things to do around Mississauga, but there’s one thing that can’t be overlooked.
Season 3 of the awesome Stranger Things debuts on Netflix on July 4th, and the excitement is palpable. Stranger Things is Netflix’s most popular show, which is no small feat. considering it has offerings like Orange Is The New Black, Black Mirror, House of Cards, and The Crown. The upcoming third season will be set during summer, which marks a tonal shift for the series. Here is the synopsis for the incoming season:
It’s 1985 in Hawkins, Indiana, and summer’s heating up. School’s out, there’s a brand new mall in town, and the Hawkins crew are on the cusp of adulthood. Romance blossoms and complicates the group’s dynamic, and they’ll have to figure out how to grow up without growing apart. Meanwhile, danger looms. When the town’s threatened by enemies old and new, Eleven and her friends are reminded that evil never ends; it evolves. Now they’ll have to band together to survive, and remember that friendship is always stronger than fear.
As if the new season of the show wasn’t exciting enough, Baskin Robbins is pairing up with netflix to produce an exclusive line of incredible Stranger Things-themed ice creams!
The ice cream partnership is more linked to the show than you might imagine. You see, the new season sees Steve Harrington working at an ice cream parlour as a summer job. So this is a fun way to bring the show to life. And who doesn’t love ice cream? The new options at Baskin Robbins are as follows:
- Upside Down Sundae – a sundae featuring the Upside Down Pralines with toppings on the bottom.
- Eleven’s Heaven – a waffle cone-flavoured ice cream with chocolate-coated sugar cone pieces and a chocolate icing-flavoured ribbon
- Demogorgon Sundae – a waffle bowl sundae that frightfully resembles a Demogorgon monster.
- Bryers House Lights Polar Pizza Ice Cream Treat – a flashback to season one that includes a Chocolate Chip Polar Pizza crust with Snickers(R) ice cream, topped with strings of fudge and M&Ms(R) chocolate candy Christmas lights.
- The Upside Down Pralines – a chocolate ice cream with praline pecans and chocolate-caramel-flavoured ribbon.
- Elevenade Freeze – a refreshing summer drink made with vanilla ice cream and Minute Maid Lemonade.
So, if you love Stranger Things, then why not order some of Baskin Robbins’ latest and greatest ice cream concoctions and watch the show? What’s the worst that could happen?