Mississauga is re-opening following months of lockdown, but it’s not quite as straightforward as “back to normal”. No, as we’ve heard touted from our leaders several times, we have to get used to “the new normal”.
And that new normal will affect every single business, including dentists, who we’ve been anxiously awaiting to return. Well we reached out to one of Mississauga’s most renowned and beloved dentist offices to get a briefing on what a post-COVID19 world looks like for them.
Dentistry In Streetsville is Mississauga’s Favourite Dental Office – eight years in a row no less – and Dr. Cyril Tahtadjian has told us that the majority of their services are back up and running. That means the office is taking appointments but there are a number of new protocols to ensure health and safety is the offices’ priority. As such, here is the list of those new protocols:
- When booking an appointment, we will send you a questionnaire/form that we ask you to fill out and forward back to us.
- When you arrive for your appointment and park your vehicle, please call us and we will come out to take your temperature before coming into our office.
- In addition to various barriers, we will be wearing masks throughout the office, and for your comfort, we encourage you to bring your own.
- We will limit the number of people in our reception area.
- We have closed our children’s play area as well as the coffee bar and have removed magazines and any other items that are difficult to clean.
- All high contact areas will be disinfected several times per day.
- We ask that you wash your hands upon entry into our office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Accompanying family members will be asked to wait in the car, except for minors or those requiring accommodation, where we may ask you to wait in the reception area. We kindly ask for your understanding in this situation.
- We will provide you a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide disinfecting rinse to be swished for 30-60 seconds at the start of every dental procedure.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well. If you arrive for your appointment and a wait becomes necessary, we would encourage you to wait in your vehicle and we will call you in when ready, so as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have procured enhanced levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure safety for all, so you may see a different appearance when you are being treated.
- Our office has always had an upgraded ventilation and air filtration system to ensure clean air in the office, something we do not see but perhaps take for granted. We have upgraded to add HEPA filtration and UV light sterilization to the rooms so that we will have surgically clean air throughout the entire office.
Those are extensive and necessary measures in order to follow government requirements for re-opening. All kinds of businesses are going to have to take similar measures in order to re-open, and the sooner the better for business sake. This is what 2020 and beyond is going to look like for your local dentist, your hairdresser, your doctor, and even your shops, but better safe than sorry.
Dentistry in Streetsville is back and prioritizng urgent and emergency clients, but you can book yourself an appointment right now. If you’d like to do so, contact 905-821-8221.