Council approved the cancellation of permits for major festivals, large events and other gatherings in City facilities until September 7, 2020. Impacted permit holders will be notified by City staff.
As provincial orders are revised, City staff will work with guidance from Peel Public Health on establishing parameters for the safe re-opening of facilities and permitting of small group activities.
Community Engagement for City-Led Projects During COVID–19 Pandemic
Staff looked at projects:
- with statutory engagement requirements
- deemed as “essential” projects under Ontario Regulation 82/20 – Closure of Non-Essential Businesses
- having a level of risk with further delay associated with project timing, cost, resources, development dependencies and quality of engagement
All engagements proceeding during the pandemic are to apply the following principles:
- No in-person engagement until further notice
- Project Leads to work with the local ward Councillor on appropriate timing and engagement methods
- Virtual engagement sessions to be conducted through City-supported technology tools and paired with universally accessible methods (e.g., individual telephone calls, direct mail notification, e-mails, online surveys)
- Engagement during popular vacation weeks and dates of significance should be avoided in keeping with regular practices
Development applications are not in scope of these engagements.
MiWay Safety During COVID-19 Pandemic
MiWay remains committed to providing city-wide transit service and supporting the physical distancing efforts recommended by Peel Public Health and the provincial and federal governments.
At this time the Ontario Ministry of Health recommends the use a face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask) to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 when physical distancing and keeping two-metres’ distance from others may be challenging or not possible such as on public transit. Learn about face coverings, including how to properly fit, wear, remove and clean your non-medical face mask while using MiWay.