Stay fit while gettin’ your Ringo Starr on! We all know that the no one can Beat(les) the City of Mississauga when it comes to offering the best recreational programs and lessons such as swimming and skating. Did you also know, however, that when it comes to fun fitness and therapeutic classes, this hip City marches to beat of its own drum?
Drumming Fit is one of Mississauga’s newest programs. It will be widely available to all residents this winter and will offer intense, gentle and therapeutic options. At first glance it may seem like a fun activity or a musical escape, which it is. Participants get to use drumsticks on stability balls to the rhythm and motivation of their favourite tunes. These classes are a total brain and body workout combining fitness with the cognitive and coordination benefits of drumming.
Drumming Fit isn’t a hit for you? The city offers a broad variety of classes ranging from high-intensity workouts to therapeutic activities, such as:
– Kettlebell – Total body conditioning class
– TRX – Navy Seal-type training in circuits and small groups
– FitWall – A unique combination of body weight, climbing and resistance bands and straps
– Pilates – Mat classes along with small and large equipment programs
– Ai Chi – Tai Chi inspired movements in the water
– Therapeutic Yoga H2O – A warm water experience as soothing and relaxing as it sounds
– Snoezelen – A unique sensory program for participants with Autism, brain injuries and dementia
If you’re looking to get moving and motivated, We Can Work it Out! For more information visit Active Mississauga. Do it today, not Yesterday.