This pandemic has taken a toll on everyone, with businesses having to shut down or new graduates having to delay their career plans. For those graduates, do not be discouraged as there is hope. Fortunately, there are still some local businesses within Streetsville looking to hire new talent.
So here are 4 Streetsville businesses currently looking for talented individuals.
1Metrolinx – Part-Time Stock Handler
If you’ve ever taken some form of public transport within Mississauga, odds are that it was run by Metrolinx. As the company runs a litany of different projects from GO Transit to the Presto fare payment system. Note that this is an urgent hiring, as the deadline for applicants is till May 02, 2020.
Some of the duties of the position include:
- Issuing vehicle related goods from stock.
- Receiving vehicle related goods into stock, including gases, fuels and oils.
- Shipping goods to satellite locations and vendors.
- Picking up and delivering goods from various locations.
- Monitoring supplies and identifying items for replenishment to the Stock Control Officer.
- Performing various inventory control functions, such as maintenance of records, cyclical inventory counts, and reconciliation functions.
- Operating stores vehicles and forklifts as required.
2Starbucks – Barista
You’re probably already familiar with Starbucks, as where else would you be able to get some of the coolest and craziest drink flavour combinations. From a toasted coconut caramel macchiato to the unicorn frappuccino, you can always expect an adventure. Well if you’re into being a flavour maestro, Starbucks is looking for a barista.
Some of traits the team is looking for includes:
- Ability to create a genuine moment of connection with our customers – making a difference in their day by discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Willingness to learn – using a mix of online learning, classroom training and hands on mentorship you’ll learn how to prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients.
- Availability to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Openness to getting the job done and helping your team in a dynamic retail environment.
3Mr.Rooter – Plumbing Apprentice
In 1995, Mike Kolakovic started a plumbing company in Mississauga known as Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Mr. Rooter Plumbing grew by focusing on one customer at a time eventually becoming a household name while still staying rooted in our humble beginnings. For those starting in the plumbing field, Mr. Rooter is offering you the opportunity to explore and grow further.
Some responsibilities include:
- Perform drain cleaning on plumbing systems
- Perform minor to moderately complex service work on plumbing systems
- Work with blueprints and job specifications as it applies to the craft
- Identity proper materials and quantities for new and existing projects
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
4Chagger Dental – Dental Assistant
If you are passionate for oral health and are looking to further your love for the area, then Chagger Dental has a job that is perfect for you. As this Streetsville dental office is looking for an outgoing and passionate individual to join their team.
Some of the traits of the desired candidate include:
- The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to their ongoing oral health
- Candidate must be a team player and have a positive attitude
- Willing to perform a variety of patient care, office and laboratory duties