On November 7 at 12:01 AM Mississauga along with the rest of Peel businesses will reopen with restrictions input under Ontario’s new reopening framework. Under this framework, Peel is classified as being under the orange – Restrict tier.
Now, you may be wondering what that means for you when it comes to restrictions being put in place. Well we’ve outlined a few of the restrictions that come with being as part of the orange tier.
Restaurants, bars and food/drink establishments
– 50-person indoor capacity limit; face coverings required except when eating or drinking
– Establishments must close at 10 p.m. and stop serving liquor at 9 p.m.
– A maximum of four people can sit together, and patrons are required to be seated with at least two metres between tables
Sports and recreational fitness
– A maximum of 50 people per facility in all combined recreational fitness spaces or programs, with some exceptions; recreational programs limited to 10 people per room indoors
– Increase spacing between patrons to three metres where there are weight machines or fitness classes
– No spectators permitted (unless it’s a guardian or parent supervising a child)
– Limited duration of stay, with an exemption for sports, and appointments required for entry
– Face coverings required, except while exercising
– A maximum of 50 people per facility
– Face coverings except when eating or drinking
Performing arts facilities
– Up to 50 spectators indoors and 100 outdoors with two metres of physical distancing maintained
– Singers and players of wind or brass instruments must be separated from spectators by Plexiglass or another impermeable barrier
Casinos, Bingo halls and gaming establishments
– Capacity can’t exceed 50 people and table games aren’t allowed OR the facility has an operating plan approved by the chief medical officer of health’s office
– No liquor service after 9 p.m.
Meeting and event spaces
– Maximum of 50 people per facility
– Establishments must close at 10 p.m., and liquor service stops at 9 p.m.
– No more than four people can sit together
– Music volume is limited (no louder, for example, than normal conversation volume)
As you can see the measure put in place are for your safety and to ensure the prosperity of those businesses looking to recover. Ultimately this plan is there to ensure cases can be reduced, while also getting people prepared for the new normal.