November flirted with some wintry flurries here and there, but now that we’re in December it feels like the cold has really arrived with slush, rain, and the temperatures steadily dropping. Depending on how full your glass is, you can see the wintry season as a positive or a negative.
Of course, we here at YourSauga absolutely love the Christmas season, so we’re going all-in on the holidays with guides on where to buy trees, winter tires, ugly sweaters, pet nights at Square One, the Merry & Bright Market, and what movies to watch in December. And today we want to take a quick look at where you can go to do your skating this season.
You can always wait for the lake and rivers to freeze over and just skate there, but why wait when you can safely skate on one of Mississauga’s many free rinks right now?! So where are they? Well we figured we’d just list them all below with the addresses:
- 300 City Centre Drive, Celebration Square
- 1500 Gulleden Drive, Chic Murray Arena
- 1399 Cawthra Road, Warren Marshall Arena &
Ron Searle Arena
- 2475 Truscott Drive, Clarkson Arena
- 3205 Unity Drive, Erin Mills Twin Arena
- 830 Paisley Boulevard West, Huron Park Arena
- 3475 Ash Row Crescent, Woodhurst Heights Park
- 705 Matheson Boulevard East, Iceland Mississauga
- 2160 Torquay Mews, Meadowvale 4 Rinks
- 1275 Mississauga Valley Boulevard, Mississauga Valley Arena
- 5500 Rose Cherry Place, Paramount Fine Foods Centre
- 3430 Derry Road East, Paul Coffey Arena
- 40 Stavebank Road North, Port Credit Memorial Arena
- 4495 Tomken Road, Tomken Twin Arena
The majority of those listed above are indoor skate rinks, with the exceptions of Celebration Square, 1500 Gulleden Drive, and Woodhurst Heights Park.
So there is fourteen skate rinks you can head to anytime this winter season to hone your skills or just have some fun with your friends and family. Most of the rinks rent you a pair of skates, so you don’t need to bring any, but there’s no harm in buying a great pair for yourself. Be careful and have fun this winter!